If Roaches Used Social Media...

...What would they say? Hello everyone! I got the idea to start this from a National Geographic Kids magazine, and on Arachnoboards there is already Fangbook for arachnids. So I thought, the roaches have got to have a social media platform too! We can all pretend to be a few roaches (or other insects) chatting on Insectgram.

Example: MistaHissa said: Gettin' ready to molt out to adulthood, I'll let ya know when I finish, here I come world! How's it over there @HalliHallowHisser? #molt_to_adult

And eventually I'll add a few more creatures. The rest of you can also add roaches and other Insects, and speak what you think they might say. Here are a few rules: Please, let us not have 50 people all doing the same kind of invertebrate, but do them as all different individuals of various species. Just two or three of the same kind for now. Please no profanity or adult talk, remember, your saying what you think the creature your representing would post on social media. Also, don't hijack someone else's critter, there are plenty to go around. Posting pictures is definitely recommended, such as a selfie (Of the critter your representing of course). Follow the temperament of your critters too, no super calm Pachlora sp. 😆.
Thats all for now, hope you all like it.

Thanks

Arthroverts

OMG. I LOVE this idea. Sign me up for A. insignis. So much drama.

Arthur Aeluropoda: Finally got the top spot in the tank! I had to eat a few fingers, but totally worth it.

#blessed

Seriously, even if you get no other takers, let's do this. I'm dying laughing. 

• Like 1

Arthur Aeluropoda said:

@SirEublaberus, The top spot rules! I have the whole piece of bark to myself... and all the ladies. Now if that little squirt would stop challenging me I could relax and enjoy this honeydew. Little dude doesn't know his place yet. 

#roachworldproblems

SirUblaberus said:

Well, if that works for you, go ahead, I guess. Just don't blame me if your the first one they pick to be traded...

#roachworldproblems

RunsRed said:

I'm so quick, the keeper stopped coming to my cage to try and feed me to his horrible spiders, and he now goes to the Panchlora bin because he'd rather deal with them flying and burrowing then trying to catch me and my pals, and I'm so quick, the males can't catch me, and I'm so quick, I get the first spot at the food, and I'm so quick, I can get away from the rain quicker than anybody else, and I'm so quick...

• 2 weeks later...

Lats4life said:

Just wait @ Panch-Laura. Your turn is coming. #upwithlats

Arthur Aeluropoda said:

@SirUblaberus, I won't be traded. My human has a soft spot for majors. But good news. That little guy is gone. Sold to the highest bidder. Plenty more to take his place though, and they're eating all the corn on the cob before I can get to it. Nothing but carrots this week. #roachworldproblems

ChopardiParty said:

Is anyone else loving these temps!? My human brought me and the fam out of the bug room for some natural 85° fresh air. Nymphs are out playing. Finally get some peace and quiet! #freshair #hightemps #itsaparty #datenight

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aoikirin said:

Lol I love this topic 

Please join us in our nerdery. 😉

41 minutes ago, aoikirin said:

Lol I love this topic 

19 minutes ago, Axolotl said:

Please join us in our nerdery. 😉

SirUblaberus said:

By golly, when are they going to patch that human in the software?!? Here they are commenting on our discussions, like they even know what were talking about!? Even Fangbook, home of the horrible arachnid conversations, has been able to boot off their hackers, and fix the bugs...I mean humans, in their software!

*beep boop beep* ....Hello, is this Roach Security?

#roachworldproblems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, Axolotl said:

Lats4life said:

Just wait @ Panch-Laura. Your turn is coming. #upwithlats

Arthur Aeluropoda said:

@SirUblaberus, I won't be traded. My human has a soft spot for majors. But good news. That little guy is gone. Sold to the highest bidder. Plenty more to take his place though, and they're eating all the corn on the cob before I can get to it. Nothing but carrots this week. #roachworldproblems

ChopardiParty said:

Is anyone else loving these temps!? My human brought me and the fam out of the bug room for some natural 85° fresh air. Nymphs are out playing. Finally get some peace and quiet! #freshair #hightemps #itsaparty #datenight

SirUblaberus said:

Good for you @Arthur Aeluropoda! Same problem though, just got a MONSTER carrot thrown in, and what do the nymphs do? Swarm it and drag it to the bottom of the cage, and then proceed to eat all of it! They left us adults only about a quarter of the bottom part! Argh!

#respectyourelders #adultsfirst #roachworldproblems

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur Aeluropoda said:

Find yourself some fat millipedes @SirUblaberus. We just got some #SmokeyOaks and Gordon Roachsay has nothing on them. Their poop is delicious! Best part: Nymphs don't seem to want any. #foodhacks #dontjudge #findyourownfood #moreforme

LadyLat said:

Just laid my first ooth. It took awhile to bury it because the other moms-to-be kept stealing my moss, but it's now tucked away safely underground. Time for some Bug Burger. I'm starving! #momlife #healthyeats

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(sorry since this thread is super dead im doing hissers again lmao)

Im_A_Screamer said:

so what if i have a short temper? idgaf if you dont like me yelling at you @Miss.Hiss.20 when you walk all over me! you know i am NOT afraid to speak my mind OR push a girl. or if you want, tell your bf @GPor_Ted_tosta to come fight me behind the corkbark at noon #dealwithit #angerissues #fightme #punkassroach #femalesbebuggin #hissmewiththatbullsheet #donttreadonme

Archie_Blatta said:

It's nice being one of the few roaches with a defensive chemical that's actually very effective against hoomans and other backboners, seems like we won't be used as "feeders" anytime soon... Suck it @Ladylat and @SirUblaberus 😜

#getrekt #livin'thesweetlife #archiblatta4life

• Haha 1

Archi_Blatta said:

@SirUblaberus I'll have you know our chemical secretions are also probably effective on many invertebrates too... But then again, I wouldn't know, we've never been used as feeders before. 😜

#archiblatta4life

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

SirUblaberus said:

@Archie_Blatta, you're lack of first-hand experience perturbs me...

#stillafeeder

DefinitelyDeropeltis said:

Ah, @Archie_Blatta, isn't it nice to look down on the masses of blattodea and know you have security in life? We have the cheapest life insurance of them all, ha ha! And with those savings I bought myself a ticket to Florida (natrally I want to take over the world, as any self-respecting roach does) with Mantid Airways, 1st Class! "Meals will be provided" even! 

Ah, it's a wonderful life...

#deropeltis4life

• 1 month later...

DefinitelyDeropeltis said:

...soooo don't take Mantid Airways y'all. I made it to Florida, but you know how they say "Roach shall not live by defensive secretions alone?" They must have been kidding, you need them on an airline like Mantid Airways; it is NOT roach-friendly. 5 stars for service, 0 stars for protecting their passengers.

Anyway, I'm here! Where all the other Deropeltis who said they were coming?

#ruletheworld #deropeltis4life #MantidAirways=Junk

• Haha 1