Lobsters not breeding fast enough

Posted by RICK on 6/8/2007, 10:40 pm

I have about 100 lobsters left mainly small nymphs....My 3 bearded dragons have been eating them up like crazy...Is there anyway to get them to adulthood and breeding quicker ? I have them in a rubbermaid container with a heatpad underneath so they stay plenty warm...I mainly feed them purina dog food and vegetables once twice a week for hydration...Any suggestion ?

Rick

THEERUIZFAMILY@NETSCAPE.NET

Posted by James blaberus on 6/11/2007, 7:11 pm, in reply to "Re: LOBSTERS NOT BREEDING FAST ENOUGH"

You need to re-think you strategy. The only way to be successful with roaches is time. Lobsters do breed very fast for roaches, but if you feeding out all your larger ones to the dragon then your going to need thousands of them. I tell people you should buy roaches and plan to not touch the colony for the first 6-9 months and then you will have plenty of feeders. Lobsters, dubia, and discoids all make great feeders, just give them some time and you'll never need to buy for roaches, crickets, or worms again.

James

www.blaberus.com

james.blaberus@gmail.

Posted by RICK on 6/11/2007, 9:07 pm, in reply to "Re: LOBSTERS NOT BREEDING FAST ENOUGH"

I have found it easy to place my bearded dragons in the container for several minutes and having them eat the roaches as they please. But, they seem to choose the adults more often than not. I might need to start seperating nymphs and adults and placing the lizards in a nymph container...I've been waiting on my blaberous for about a year..I might give up since they take a little bit longer to get going and just stick to lobsters.