Alternative to vaseline for climbers

Posted by Steve Quinn on 6/11/2007, 8:05 pm

Anyone ever use the paint? and do you like it better than vaseline. I am tired of scraping totes. What is the paint actually made from is it just straight high gloss enamel? Any other options out there if hear certain types of shiny metallic tape would work as well i tried it on my lobster colony and it failed miserably. Thanks for the input.

Quinndragonranch@aol.com

Posted by Steve Quinn on 6/12/2007, 8:56 am, in reply to "Re: alternative to vaseline for climbers"

so what makes bugstop different from a regular high gloss enamal paint. I guess what i am asking is why does bug stop work, and would just any old high gloss enamal paint furnish the same result?

Posted by Matt K on 6/12/2007, 5:10 pm, in reply to "Re: alternative to vaseline for climbers"

BugStop is (from what I understand) a 100% pure liquid Teflon. Its surface is not just super smooth like gloss paint, but discourages adhesion of anything to its surface. Hi-gloss paint is just slick, but things *can* still stick to it. Try it out with a Tokay gecko and see the difference. One is molecularly unfriendly towards other materials, and the other is just smooth.

matt@modernmatt.com