Where to find these species-

In addition to the species that were deregulated, I found a whole myriad of roach species native to my state that I'd like to keep. They are-

Ischnoptera deropeltiformis

Supella longipalpa

Ectobius pallidus

Cryptocercuc punctulatus

Parcoblatta uthleriana

Parcoblatta divisa

Does anyone know how to find any of these species? I know how to find the parcoblatta sp, but does anyone know how to find the rest?

• Like 1

Supella will be a pest inside of houses, Cryptocercus will be inside of rather large, rotten logs, and I believe I.derepeltiformis should inhabit the same niches as Parcoblatta. I'm not exactly sure on the Ectobius though.

You'll want to look for Ectobius spp. in shrubbery and such in urbanized areas, they might come to lights too. Sweep netting would probably be a good way to catch some I'd think... 

On 8/24/2019 at 1:32 AM, Hisserdude said:

You'll want to look for Ectobius spp. in shrubbery and such in urbanized areas, they might come to lights too. Sweep netting would probably be a good way to catch some I'd think... 

The lights were very popular with the Ectobius in Vermont. They only came to the lights that were near the field, so they must not travel much. 

On 8/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, All About Arthropods said:

Supella will be a pest inside of houses, Cryptocercus will be inside of rather large, rotten logs, and I believe I.derepeltiformis should inhabit the same niches as Parcoblatta. I'm not exactly sure on the Ectobius though.

I have found C. wrighti in fairly small logs. I think the more important thing is hardwood logs.