OblongonotaFan321

New to roach keeping!

Hi, i'm new here and to keeping roaches in general so sorry if i ask too many questions! :)

I have 4 hissers, 2 dubias, a small parcoblatta colony and a single B. germanica as pets. I can't wait to get into other species too!

A few of my roaches :D

22574565437.jpg.ab8d490b12217854664766940e2309e0.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OblongonotaFan321 said:

Hi, i'm new here and to keeping roaches in general so sorry if i ask too many questions! :)

I have 4 hissers, 2 dubias, a small parcoblatta colony and a single B. germanica as pets. I can't wait to get into other species too!

Welcome to the hobby, there's no such thing as "too many questions" on this forum! ;) Hope you enjoy it here! 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, OblongonotaFan321 said:

22574565437.jpg.ab8d490b12217854664766940e2309e0.jpg

Welcome! 

As @Hisserdude stated, there's no such thing as too many questions; if you ever have any, ask away! 

Interesting to see Parcoblatta on your list so soon; they're all rather small and not "the most stunning of the stunning". I admit, I didn't really want to keep anything from the genus when I just broke in, but my eyes have been cleared and I can see the beauty and worthwhileness of keeping them now. Glad you've realized this already! :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OblongonotaFan321 said:

Thanks @Hisserdude and @All About Arthropods !

Parcoblatta were actually some of the first i kept, I never knew they would be so great to have! :)

It's definitely an underrated genus, that's for sure! 😁

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, All About Arthropods said:

Welcome! 

As @Hisserdude stated, there's no such thing as too many questions; if you ever have any, ask away! 

Interesting to see Parcoblatta on your list so soon; they're all rather small and not "the most stunning of the stunning". I admit, I didn't really want to keep anything from the genus when I just broke in, but my eyes have been cleared and I can see the beauty and worthwhileness of keeping them now. Glad you've realized this already! :)

Yeah, when I started I was more interested in the big and flashy species. I keep some of those, but I also have a fascination with smaller cryptic species now.

3 hours ago, VolkswagenBug said:

Yeah, when I started I was more interested in the big and flashy species. I keep some of those, but I also have a fascination with smaller cryptic species now.

Exactly! The flashy stuff is good for luring people into the hobby, but once they've been hooked, it's easier to feel the fascination for nearly all species. :) 

• Like 2