Rhino roach cannibalism ?

Guest Clint

About 6 years ago, I purchased 2 rhino nymphs. They were a male and female. I have been lucky to to have gotten a litter of at least 7 youngsters, born about 5 months ago.

My problem is that my adult original male seems to have disappeared. I have not done a really exhaustive search of the substrate for fear of causing stress, but I have looked twice, yet cannot find him.

Could he have been eaten by the others ? Has anyone seen this behavior with Rhinoś ?

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 6:02 PM, Guest Clint said:

About 6 years ago, I purchased 2 rhino nymphs. They were a male and female. I have been lucky to to have gotten a litter of at least 7 youngsters, born about 5 months ago.

My problem is that my adult original male seems to have disappeared. I have not done a really exhaustive search of the substrate for fear of causing stress, but I have looked twice, yet cannot find him.

Could he have been eaten by the others ? Has anyone seen this behavior with Rhinoś ?

I agree with the above user. It’s not uncommon for smaller or weaker nymphs to get eaten, but I have never heard of an adult being eaten by a litter/ other adult. Hopefully he is just hiding and will return to the surface soon. Many other people have individuals in their colony that like to scare them too, haha.