Sign in to follow this  
mantisfan101

Red runner extreme die off

I ordered 280+ res runners off of ebay and when I got them Infound them all crammed into a 32 oz deli cup. I put them im their steuo and I noticed that some of them had died. I was told that the heat lamp that I kept them under probably was frying them, so I removed them from the heat lamp. In the next couple hours I found another 20+ dead. I moved them into another enclosure. Another 20-30+ dead. I raised the humidity but still, more dead. They would always be on their backs and try to right themselves but they never could get back up, and they always acted really sluggsih when I righted them. Even worse, when I did flip them over they would sometiems stick out their hind legs to the sides like an airplane and just slowly drag themselves around with their antennae idragging along too. What is going on? I went from around 300 to about 80 in less than 2 days and I’ really hpset and concerned; is it possible that it was pesticides? I fed some to all my pets and I really don’t want anything bad to gappen to them. I currently have them in a tupperware bin with moist peat/coco fiber to keep humidity high. 

Bump, someone please help, I’m down to 50 right now, they just keep falling over and can’t seem to get back up. I don’t see any twitching or signs of pesticides at all