Roach Infestation

Posted by JC on 6/28/2007, 2:15 am

I had a colony of hissers and turkistan roaches in the house. Occasionally I'd find baby hissers and male lateralis loose in the house. They've been out of the house for about 5 months now and my dad has found two lateralis nymphs so far. I'm worried that I could possibly have colonies in the house. Any suggestions for measures to take? Thanks

aven_soulgazer@yahoo.com

Posted by Dave on 6/28/2007, 2:39 am, in reply to "Roach Infestation"

I have talked to several people that have had that problem with lateralis. I had problems with ants coming in the house and bought some of that insect powder that you sprincle around the foundation, and anything that tries to cross that stuff is belly up in a few minutes. You might try some of that inside where kids and pets could not get to it. There is also sticky traps, same thing, anything crosses it, and they are done. good luck.

davegrimm1@gmail.com

Posted by JC on 6/30/2007, 4:54 am, in reply to "Re: Roach Infestation"

Thanks. I'm thinking that I do not have an infestation from months ago, but rather roaches coming into the house from outside. I had ordered 4000 and within a few months I had a lot fewer roaches in my bin. I didn't have that many dead bodies either. Apparently I put the vasoline on too thin and they climbed out. I towed my boat 30 miles to work on at a mechanics shop and have found 2 lateralis inside it so far. The boat was up on a trailer and 25 feet or so from my roach bin, on the other side of the house. My woods are probably going to be infested with lateralis. I get scorpions in the house all the time so having roaches find their way in is possible.

How cold would it have to get to kill off lateralis? And I wouldn't want to put poison around the house as I catch grasshoppers for my lizard. We own several acres and use no chemicals, or mow for that matter. The only clear area is the driveway to the front and back door. Everything else is woods and scrub around our house.