Sign in to follow this  
Auz

L. verrucosa stuck in shed

Hi, this morning i noticed one of my L. verrucosa trying to shed. Three hours later, it hasn't made any progress... I misted the container again in hopes of that helping, it is usually pretty humid in there though. Picture is attached below. Any advice is welcome 😕 

image- https://imgur.com/j2Dyrbk 

• Sad 1

Unfortunately, I think it's a goner if it's stuck so deeply into its old exoskeleton. 😥

update: I put him out of his suffering after trying to see if I could help. 

I know this is part of the hobby, but this is my first experience dealing with this. I was not looking forward to it. On the bright side, the rest of my small colony looks to be healthy. 

4 hours ago, Auz said:

update: I put him out of his suffering after trying to see if I could help. 

I know this is part of the hobby, but this is my first experience dealing with this. I was not looking forward to it. On the bright side, the rest of my small colony looks to be healthy. 

Very sorry for the loss; I know it can be heart-breaking. :( Best of luck with the others going forward. :) 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, mismolts like this can happen occasionally even if care is optimal, just an unfortunate part of the hobby... 😕 I hope you other individuals make it to adulthood successfully! 

• Like 1