Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve been gone for a while. Did I miss anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the US government outlawed roach keeping, Europe forcibly stopped all imports of new species, Roach Crossing went off the map (but wait, is Kyle back??!?), Africa started hiding its cool species from us, Asia went overboard with breeding and crashed their gene pools, Australia continues to tease us with their species, all the Oriental Roaches in the Arctic died, and the rest of the roaches mobilized their numbers via Insectgram to take over SpaceX and send themselves to another planet, saying they were sick of "being mistreated".

What's new with you?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm I wonder how much is true lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arthroverts said:

Well, the US government outlawed roach keeping, Europe forcibly stopped all imports of new species, Roach Crossing went off the map (but wait, is Kyle back??!?), Africa started hiding its cool species from us, Asia went overboard with breeding and crashed their gene pools, Australia continues to tease us with their species, all the Oriental Roaches in the Arctic died, and the rest of the roaches mobilized their numbers via Insectgram to take over SpaceX and send themselves to another planet, saying they were sick of "being mistreated".

What's new with you?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

EDIT: Only now do I realize much of what's in your comment are jokes... 😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ventured back into the fish hobby and let my inverts simmer. Nothing new except some pantanal nymphs appeared in my Cyriocosmus elegans adult females container and ate her 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corydidarum is now a synonym of Pseudoglomeris, (but C.pygmaea are now Perisphaerus pygmaeus), Pseudoglomeris magnifica are firmly established in the hobby worldwide, Archiblatta hoeveni have made a comeback in culture, but very few people are breeding them successfully, @Bmaines96 is like the new Roachcrossing now, (but he's way more active on Facebook than here), and I'm back in the hobby after taking a bit of a break... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matttoadman said:

Nothing new except some pantanal nymphs appeared in my Cyriocosmus elegans adult females container and ate her 

Yikes, that's a bummer... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matttoadman said:

Hmmm I wonder how much is true lol

It's all 100% Certified, Verified, Confirmed and Condoned Fake News...except for that part about the US banning the keeping of roaches (not counting deregulated species or those kept under a permit), and the fact that the Australian enthusiasts are still teasing us with all their cool species, those unfortunately are still true.

6 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

EDIT: Only now do I realize much of what's in your comment are jokes... 😂 

What tipped you off ;):D?

6 hours ago, Matttoadman said:

I ventured back into the fish hobby and let my inverts simmer. Nothing new except some pantanal nymphs appeared in my Cyriocosmus elegans adult females container and ate her 

Very sorry to hear that man. That has gotta sting...

I might also add that quite a few species of roach were deregulated. You can read more about that here.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arthroverts said:

except for that part about the US banning the keeping of roaches (not counting deregulated species or those kept under a permit),

Well to be fair it's been technically illegal to keep the majority of exotic roaches in the hobby since before @Matttoadman entered the hobby, so it's not necessarily a new development, just more people know about it now... ;)

1 hour ago, Arthroverts said:

What tipped you off ;):D?

I saw SpaceX and was like "wait a minute... 🤔"... 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we are good until our individual states start banning them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i did discover that roaches make excellent feeders for fish. I have been feeding a flowerhorn several nymphs weekly. He was 2 inches in June and is over 6 now with a massive head. I am trying to remember how to make pictures fit on here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 8:49 AM, Matttoadman said:

I guess we are good until our individual states start banning them. 

Yeah pretty much my mentality TBH, and right now Blattodea seem to be pretty low on their list of priorities, (thanks isopod hobby! 😁). 

On 12/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, Matttoadman said:

i did discover that roaches make excellent feeders for fish. I have been feeding a flowerhorn several nymphs weekly. He was 2 inches in June and is over 6 now with a massive head. I am trying to remember how to make pictures fit on here

Nice, that's awesome, roaches really do make great feeders for a wide array of animals! 😄 Photos either need to be really small to upload here directly, or posted somewhere else online, where you can copy the photo URL and paste it here... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh i wish i could give more reactions, lots of 💙 to go around on this post! welcome back, today i finally remembered my password after a few months lmao. glad to see there are still quality jokes being thrown around. really cool that your fish love roaches too, probably more than us ;););)

wonder if theres a roachforum.fish out there somewhere...if you find your phone or computer soaked one day theyre definitely blogging about the roaches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×