L. verrucosa coloration

Auz

hey everyone! a couple of my L verrucosa matured to adulthood :D One is a female i'm pretty sure (smooth 'head' no bumps) but the second has bumps but no coloration on the warty glowspots. is that common in males? or is it a female with a bumpy 'head' (sorry i'm horrible at remembering the proper name of their body lol)

thanks!

female:
https://imgur.com/tcb9Tkg
male (i think): https://imgur.com/qm88aCL

• Like 1

Hmm, that's weird, the first one's definitely female, as for the bottom one it does kinda look like a male due to the little "horns" on the pronotum, but I've never seen one without glowspots... Then again, some L.verrucossa males can come out with four glowspots, so I feel like it's probably possible for the rare spotless male to come out too... A ventral shot of the last few abdominal segments would cinch it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Hmm, that's weird, the first one's definitely female, as for the bottom one it does kinda look like a male due to the little "horns" on the pronotum, but I've never seen one without glowspots... Then again, some L.verrucossa males can come out with four glowspots, so I feel like it's probably possible for the rare spotless male to come out too... A ventral shot of the last few abdominal segments would cinch it. 

4 hours ago, Allpet Roaches said:

Sometimes the females look like they have glow organs but these are markings, not organs. A male without them is highly improbable but like big foot is can only be proven by its evidence.

Thank you both for taking the time to look! I'll get a ventral pic when I can, just to seal the deal. I figured it was extremely unlikely. Since I'm a novice hobbyist, I wanted to get some more opinions haha

• Like 1