Red runners

Silverback300

Hi I'm looking for information about red runners as I have very little experience with them (other than for feeders which I kept no problems but never had a colony before) so I currently have 3 Roach colonies all thriving and producing well a Dubia - P Nivea and P sp Giant and recently bought 350 runners adults and sub adults used a 1/4 m/f ratio and ended up with about 100 excess males I housed separately for feeders their set up the same as the dubias vertical egg creates - water crystals - dry food plus fruit/veg temps 80/85 they ate very well first 24 hours but started dying off very quickly I removed the dead as necessary to keep everything clean but massive die off continued and I noticed they get very sluggish jerky twitchy walking/movement the 100 male feeders are the same I cleaned out the colony today and ended up with about 30 healthy females and 7 healthy males and so far no more deaths obviously seriously not happy I know my care standards are very high hence my other three very successful colonies anyone else had this issue or know what it is and my apologies for the long post

Sounds like your conditions should be OK, they may just have been messed up in transit or something? Hopefully they recover, only thing I could think of is maybe try raising their humidity a little bit?