How?!

Zephyr

K, a few hours ago I opened my discoids to check on them, and there was a hisser mixed in. How did this 1-inch leetle guy manage to crawl past the vaseline AND olive oil barriers, then across my room to somehow locate the discoid tank, add to that sneak in through the top of sterilite container!? :blink: :blink: :blink:

K, a few hours ago I opened my discoids to check on them, and there was a hisser mixed in. How did this 1-inch leetle guy manage to crawl past the vaseline AND olive oil barriers, then across my room to somehow locate the discoid tank, add to that sneak in through the top of sterilite container!? :blink: :blink: :blink:

How old is your discoid colony? Could possibly be one that was mixed in as a tiny nymph when you got your discoids, or a number of things really. Hissers are sneaky lil critters.

How old is your discoid colony? Could possibly be one that was mixed in as a tiny nymph when you got your discoids, or a number of things really. Hissers are sneaky lil critters.

I hand checked *more like picked up and got to know XD* All my li'l discoid nymphs before putting them into their enclosure.

I pray that I haven't got a hisser breakout on my hands. :P

My mother did find one on the bathroom door a week ago. XDDD

I've kept Lobsters, Discoids, Dubia, Hissers, Craniifer.. But out of them all.. I've had the Lobsters infest tanks.. but I've never seen one outside of my herp's tanks..

The hissers on the other hand...

I've found them on the inside of a toilet paper roll I was in the process of using in the bathroom on the other side of the house.

I've had a lot of escaped hissers.. always nymphs of course.. but they're excellent survivors and god do they cover quite a range.