Female Dubia Malformed wings

ghostorchid

So I just got an order of 100 female Dubia roaches and about 60 of them have strange malformed wings, maybe blisters. I have them quarantined from the rest of my colony so that I can figure out what this is exactly. Any help would be very much appreciated, wouldn’t want any mutated offspring of these. Should I flush or feed to beardie. Thanks everyone.

CD012BB3-44CF-4BC7-86DB-8804CC642BD8.jpeg

I think that they should be OK for your beardie. Malformed wings is probably a husbandry issue from the person you got them from. 

Wouldn't hurt to wait a week or two before feeding from the new stock though if you are worried.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bhjjr said:

I think that they should be OK for your beardie. Malformed wings is probably a husbandry issue from the person you got them from. 

Wouldn't hurt to wait a week or two before feeding from the new stock though if you are worried.

I agree, you should probably find a new source when you buy dubias, as their colony is likely entirely malformed.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...