My Wild Caught Blaberus Discoidalis

Wild caught Blaberus Discoidalis “Richmond Heights” Locality. I found these near a cemetery in Richmond Heights. I believe they arrived from S. America on flowers and found their way into residential yards where they have been waiting to be discovered.  Not many adults were found but I was able to find close to 200 large nymphs which have all mostly molted into adults. This wild population doesn’t seem like it will be around much longer so I am glad I was able to collect what I could. 

EA64FD1E-5238-426F-92B0-C1ED9753AC85.png

• Like 2

Nice! Are these from the population in FL that Kyle from Roachcrossing refers to as "Miami Golds"?

32 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Nice! Are these from the population in FL that Kyle from Roachcrossing refers to as "Miami Golds"?

I’m not sure what he calls these to tell you the truth but the males can be a very light color when they freshly molt into adults and I did find them in Miami. So it is possible that these are them. I just call them graveyards which is what the locals call them cause of how close they are to the cemetery. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jayo said:

I’m not sure what he calls these to tell you the truth but the males can be a very light color when they freshly molt into adults and I did find them in Miami. So it is possible that these are them. I just call them graveyards which is what the locals call them cause of how close they are to the cemetery. 

NGL "Graveyards" is a way cooler name... 😂 "Richmond Heights" would be the proper strain name though obviously.

17 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

NGL "Graveyards" is a way cooler name... 😂 "Richmond Heights" would be the proper strain name though obviously.

Yes these are Richmond Heights locality but among my friends that were there when I found them and to locals of Richmond  Heights these are graveyards. That is probably what I will always know these as. They were literally found across the street from a cemetery. Plus it’s an interesting backstory to how I believe they got there. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jayo said:

Yes these are Richmond Heights locality but among my friends that were there when I found them and to locals of Richmond  Heights these are graveyards. That is probably what I will always know these as. They were literally found across the street from a cemetery. Plus it’s an interesting backstory to how I believe they got there. 

Yeah, hiding in flowers planted in the cemetery, pretty neat theory on how they got transferred there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few that came with a cleaner crew.  I know little about them.