Replacing species

jbrumble

• 3 weeks later...

Are you saying that it IS ok to mix roach species?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my lobster roaches too. I have managed to deplete what was once a colony of 1000+ because my bearded dragon eats so much (although she's sick now so who knows what that'll mean...)

I found a place with incredible deals on turkistans and am thinking of making the switch from lobsters to turks. you think i could just throw 1 or 2 thousand turks in with about the 200 or 300 lobster adults I have left?

Or would it be a better investment to just get another bin for them? Then I guess the lobster roaches still remaining could just breed for a few months and get the colony back on track.

Ideas/Suggestions appreciated.

Sorry if I stole this thread.

why don't you just post an ads to trade off some lobsters for Turkish roaches instead of buying them ;) .

Are you saying that it IS ok to mix roach species?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my lobster roaches too. I have managed to deplete what was once a colony of 1000+ because my bearded dragon eats so much (although she's sick now so who knows what that'll mean...)

I found a place with incredible deals on turkistans and am thinking of making the switch from lobsters to turks. you think i could just throw 1 or 2 thousand turks in with about the 200 or 300 lobster adults I have left?

Or would it be a better investment to just get another bin for them? Then I guess the lobster roaches still remaining could just breed for a few months and get the colony back on track.

Ideas/Suggestions appreciated.

Sorry if I stole this thread.

why don't you just post an ads to trade off some lobsters for Turkish roaches instead of buying them ;) .

well, mostly because I have a really low count of lobster roaches left. The more I think about this the more I'm inclined to order another 1k lobster roaches instead of trying to go with the turkistans. They just seem too fast and my beardie doesn't really like chasing her food around that much.