G Lurida colony expanding

Silverback

Feeding my Lurida colony and actually managed to snatch a pic of an adult (normally buried) and the sub is now heaving with new nymphs so a colony explosion at last but it's taken a while but things noticeably improved when I upped temps to 90 ish as all other parameters stayed the same 

IMG_20220924_111223_copy_192x309.jpg.8b1419ed85382c6f7034173809968cfc.jpg

Cheeky nymph photo bombing top right corner 

SB 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nymphs are growing very fast and I've noticed several mature females which is probably why I've had the population explosion 

IMG_20221009_101141_copy_288x152.jpg.b56331bbc77eebadd2accdf0479faf72.jpg

IMG_20221009_101255_copy_288x414.jpg.ea5d1c71e2c7dcd5e1ec600e0881334a.jpg

So Hisserdude suggested upping the temp which has had a dramatic effect on breeding and it  was the only parameter that was changed so to anyone out there struggling to get their Lurida colony going up your temp to 90 ish 

And the nymphs love my high protein dry food they're never out the dish which I'm crediting for the fast growth much faster than the last nymphs so it will be interesting to see the time to maturity compared to the previous nymphs with the higher temp high protein 

SB 

• Like 3

Thanks mate and temp seems to be a major factor with a lot of insects I'd obviously increased it just not enough but I always give credit where it's due 

Not Roach related but I've found my pods breed very fast and I keep them much warmer than the normal accepted temp ranges I initially did it with my klugii and they exploded so then I tried it with others and it definetly works so I'm not a subscriber to the low temp pod keeping advice group 

SB 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Silverback said:

Thanks mate and temp seems to be a major factor with a lot of insects I'd obviously increased it just not enough but I always give credit where it's due 

Not Roach related but I've found my pods breed very fast and I keep them much warmer than the normal accepted temp ranges I initially did it with my klugii and they exploded so then I tried it with others and it definetly works so I'm not a subscriber to the low temp pod keeping advice group 

SB 

Yeah most isopods actually seem to handle higher heat pretty well, BUT a lot of them need a high amount of ventilation to thrive in warmer environments.