Finally Got My Pandas 😁

Silverback

You need some more dry decaying leaves so that the babies have hides for them to hide and serves as a food source. Make sure feeding them protein, calcium such as eggshells or cuttlebone, and vitamins such as fruits and vegetables. Be sure to have a dry side and a moist side. This will help you increase breeding but there are 2 very important things you need to know, and that is to not disturb and do some research. Think about they are in nature, they really don't get disturb. Wally from Supreme Gecko Channel in Youtube is great at keeping isopods and I recommend to watch his channel for isopod care. I got success in my starter culture of isopods and they have 6 babies (maybe there are more than 6 in their hiding places) after maybe 2 or 3 months.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update got even more baby Pandas now every time I feed etc there seems to be more but I still can't post any pics as I still haven't had a reply from anyone 🙄 so I can't post anything anywhere and I've lots of breeding etc so if I don't get any response soon I'll probably move on as what's the point 

SB 

Go to Imgur, hit "New Post" up there in the top left, either drop your pictures in the box or hit "Choose Photo/Video" button, add your content, give it a minute to play the ad, then wait another minute for everything to load in, and finally you should be able to click "Grab Link" to get a link you can paste wherever you want to show your album.

I forget whether the album is public or not by default, but I usually have mine set so only those who have a link can see and comment on my stuff.

Hope you're able to get your pics situated! 🙃

On 12/15/2022 at 2:49 AM, Silverback said:

Quick update got even more baby Pandas now every time I feed etc there seems to be more but I still can't post any pics as I still haven't had a reply from anyone 🙄 so I can't post anything anywhere and I've lots of breeding etc so if I don't get any response soon I'll probably move on as what's the point 

SB 

Here's an old post I made back in the day on how to post photos on this forum... It's even easier now with the forum's new format though, all you need to do is take the image address/url and paste it directly into your comment/post, and it'll automatically convert it into an image.

https://www.roachforum.com/topic/6242-how-to-upload-photos/#comment-35186

• 5 months later...

Quick update from that original 10 I've now got 3 thriving colonies all growing rapidly 😳 they're almost like tiny dairy cows breeding wise

Just glad I didn't start with 50 I'd be knee deep in the buggers now

And I never did give them proper ventilation it's a solid lid with many tiny holes put in with a blue gauge needle my original intent was to give them my normal voile panel lid but they were thriving so I've left it like they say don't fix it if it's not broken as they obviously love very high humidity and mid to high 20s temps which doesn't mesh with a dark cool cave but I've now got 100s from the original 10 and they're one of the fastest breeding pods I've got and I've got about 30 colonies

SB 

• Like 1