How To Dry Fish Before Feeding To The Isopods + Which Isopods Do You Like To Keep

Joshua09

Isopods  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which isopod species do you like to keep?

• Armadillidium maculatum "Zebra"
    • Armadillo Officinalis
    • Cubaris "Rubber Ducky"
    • Others (Comment)

1 hour ago, Roshan Vignarajah said:

Would cat food work as well?  I have a cat so an easy protein source for me.

It's probably fine, but if the 'pods are something special or hard to come by, I'd give them either betta fish food or ciclid food just in case of pesticides or something. My thinking is dog or cat foods can probably get away with small amounts of contaminants because of the animals' size, while a food meant for something the size of your pinky finger has to be a bit safer, but I don't know if there's any truth to that. I've always gotten away with feeding my WC freebie 'pods with cat kibble. 😋

2 hours ago, Roshan Vignarajah said:

Would cat food work as well?  I have a cat so an easy protein source for me.

Yeah cat kibble works just fine as well, that's what I used to use for mine. 😄

The best protein source I have found is pulverized dungeness crab and lobster shell. It is the only animal protein source I use. 34% protein and includes chitin, carotenoids, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and trace minerals. I pulverize it with my vitamix and it keeps forever. It also has a pleasant ocean side odor that is quite delightful. Crustacean cuticle...it's what's for dinner.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fingerlakefeeders said:

The best protein source I have found is pulverized dungeness crab and lobster shell. It is the only animal protein source I use. 34% protein and includes chitin, carotenoids, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and trace minerals. I pulverize it with my vitamix and it keeps forever. It also has a pleasant ocean side odor that is quite delightful. Crustacean cuticle...it's what's for dinner.

Wow feeding my pet crutaceans, crustaceans. That is good. Thank you.