Isopods and a slug?

Zuriel

Long story but I accidentally ended up with a slug.

I've currently got a 5.5gal terrarium set up, with live moss, and multiple hiding places (rocks, cork bark, leaf litter). 

I plan on getting Armadillidium Vulgare to place in this enclosure. 

My question is, can they live with the slug? Will a multitude of them against one slug cause any issues of any sort? 

I've got isopod specific soil in there and I'll be tossing in fruits and vegetables and protein here and there (dried mealworms). So I don't think there'll be an issue food wise. 

Anyways, so yeah. Can the slug live with the isopods with no harm to either species? 

Thanks in advance! 

22 hours ago, Zuriel said:

Long story but I accidentally ended up with a slug.

I've currently got a 5.5gal terrarium set up, with live moss, and multiple hiding places (rocks, cork bark, leaf litter). 

I plan on getting Armadillidium Vulgare to place in this enclosure. 

My question is, can they live with the slug? Will a multitude of them against one slug cause any issues of any sort? 

I've got isopod specific soil in there and I'll be tossing in fruits and vegetables and protein here and there (dried mealworms). So I don't think there'll be an issue food wise. 

Anyways, so yeah. Can the slug live with the isopods with no harm to either species? 

Thanks in advance! 

They should be fine but I do not like to put it. They definitely won't eat each other, the worst that would happen is one of them eats the food quicker than the other and one of em starves but that would likely not happen.

• Like 1