My first "oh thats so sweet" moment

darla

My peanut butter captain crunch cereal was a bit stale this morning. I wondered if my roaches would eat it. The answer is OH YEAH! I saw a tiny one( dubia) trying to drag a whole puff across the bin. The puff was twice as big as her, that was my oh ins't that sweet? moment. My lobsters eat anything and everything, except honey bunches of oats I wonder why?

My "Oh, sweet!" moment was watching my baby dubias maul a special K + protein flake. They swarmed on it, and it was just a mass of moving bodies before long! XD

Many roach species will "grab and tug" at food items. I like it when a roach grabs a fish food pellet and runs off with it like it just thieved it, and then needs to go to its hideout to eat the new-found treasure....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yea that is something to see especially when you have a 'big bin' or a bin with thousands of roaches - when you put fresh food or a different sweet food in the bin. You see ALL OF THEM come out at once. You see nothing but roaches, you wonder how all of them are even in there. Good and fun sight. My daughter like watching all of them come out 'to eat'. Thousands!

The other fun thing to watch is putting somekind of liquid or soft food in a saucer, or what I use, flat lids filled with baby food. The saucer is surrounded by the roach like a cattle fench and they sip the food. they all circle around the lid and fight for possition looks crazy how many can fit around that saucer to eat.

Then of course they start getting greedy and climbing over each other and fall in. The saucer is not deep so they do not drown. but they will be covered in baby food and will be 'cleaned' by the other roaches. Fun sight. The saucer = fast food drink lid - large.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...