Roaches for feeding

Sparky

Hey guys, I forgot all about this site and i just recently found the link to it.

I was wondering if there are any roaches that are good for feeders, easy to breed, and cheap to buy.

Usually I look for this:

- Soft bodied

- Easy to breed, preferably fast breeding

- Not too picky about temperature

- Not picky about food

- Good in nutrients and protein

- CHEAP

If there are any you would recommend that fits these characteristics, don't hesitate to say so.

Thanks !

Usually the selection of your feeders depends on what your doing with them. What are you going to be feeding them off to?

Hey guys, I forgot all about this site and i just recently found the link to it.

I was wondering if there are any roaches that are good for feeders, easy to breed, and cheap to buy.

Usually I look for this:

- Soft bodied

- Easy to breed, preferably fast breeding

- Not too picky about temperature

- Not picky about food

- Good in nutrients and protein

- CHEAP

If there are any you would recommend that fits these characteristics, don't hesitate to say so.

Thanks !

What size creatures are you catering too?

If you want roaches that almost replace crickets...lobsters are your ticket. They produce sizes ranging from 2 week old crickets up to full sized crickets.

If you want something much more meaty(which I can see if you keep assassins and large tarantulas) than dubia are your best bet. The nymphs start out about the size of peas.

Also, lobsters are faster/more active while dubia are more inclined towards burrowing/staying still. So for certain species(your mantids maybe?) lobsters would be more appropriate.