A. marmorata

That's a very small photo and I see no reason to imagine it's not the species it's labeled. What do you think you're seeing? Keep in mind it's not possible to tell Archimandrita nymphs apart so if you see some strange nymph that doesn't look like Archimandrita, it would be something else anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

So far, I have two molted males. The biggest difference is in size; these appear much smaller. Also, the pronotum seems almost see-through in parts, as well as showing dents and uneven "topography.". If I wanted to be really really specific, the speckling on the back is reduced and more evenly distributed, the marks on the pronotum look different, and the overall coloration is way lighter. The wings look very fragile.

img1109md8.jpg

img1121os1.jpg

Note, both pics are of males who had +/- 24 hours to harden.

Hello,

Zephyr, the colour isn´t a very good key to identification: I have some light colour A. tessellata. A identification key for many roaches use the spines of the legs and something like that to difference between species.

Best regars,

Javier.

The male genitalia are also often used to discern species from one another. A. tesselata is a highly variable species. I should take pics of the ones I have for example. They vary in both size and coloration quite a bit.

The male genitalia are also often used to discern species from one another. A. tesselata is a highly variable species. I should take pics of the ones I have for example. They vary in both size and coloration quite a bit.

Hello,

Thanks Matt, I didn´t know how to write genitalia (in Spanish it´s genitalia too) ;) . Some photos of them are going to help us :)

Best regards,

Javier.

So far, I have two molted males. The biggest difference is in size; these appear much smaller. Also, the pronotum seems almost see-through in parts, as well as showing dents and uneven "topography.". If I wanted to be really really specific, the speckling on the back is reduced and more evenly distributed, the marks on the pronotum look different, and the overall coloration is way lighter. The wings look very fragile.

img1109md8.jpg

img1121os1.jpg

Note, both pics are of males who had +/- 24 hours to harden.

A slight difference in coloration doesn't create a new species. Weren't you sold them as A. tesselata? A. tesselata is the species in your photos.

A slight difference in coloration doesn't create a new species. Weren't you sold them as A. tesselata? A. tesselata is the species in your photos.
Ugh, darn mis-IDs. Oh well, I can add them to my current colony/sell'em. A. tesselata for sure right?