Peppered Roach Pics

Kimix

I recently had my first peppered roaches molt to adults, so I had to get a few photos.

I wish I had something more rare to photograph, but this is as rare as my roach collection gets so far!

pepperedroach04.jpg

pepperedroach03.jpg

pepperedroach05.jpg

Very nice! They have big eyes for nonflyers!

Actually they fly quite nicely for that large of a 'roach. Where did you get your culture from? I've never seen that type of patterning on the pronotum before.

I got them as nymphs from a local guy who got bored because they grew to slow. I'll email him and see if he knows where he got them.

Here's photos of the other adult, he has the same markings

pepperedroach07.jpg

pepperedroach08.jpg

Roaches do not have to be rare to be nice and worthy of a photograph. Evidence of that is right here with these peppereds.

Also- in my colony there is a wide variety of pronotum patterns and coloration overall- so to me that pronotum pattern does not look unusual.

Roaches do not have to be rare to be nice and worthy of a photograph. Evidence of that is right here with these peppereds.

Also- in my colony there is a wide variety of pronotum patterns and coloration overall- so to me that pronotum pattern does not look unusual.

Never seen this color/pattern before either. Intriguing.

I just got an email back... My roaches came from KenTheBugGuy, but it was over 5 months ago. Unless hes breeding them himself he may not have the same stock now.

Since BugManPrice mentioned the pattern I've been looking at photos of them online and havn't seen any that look like mine.

Do you have some photos of yours Matt K?

• 2 months later...