substrates for lucihormetica sp. gyna lorida and therea sp ??

flytyer

Hi all,

New to this site and looking for a few suggestions on suitable substrates for these species. Any help on suggested feeding as well. Thanks in advance.

This is what I have at the moment.

Lucihormetica subcincta

Gyna lurida

Therea olegrandjeani

Therea petiveriana

B. rothi

B. fumigata

A. tesselatta

D. paulinoi

And of coarse all the feeders; lobsters, discoids, dubia, latteralis and hissers

RICH

My bins:

Lucihormetica subcincta - mix of coconut bark chips, new zealand sphagnum, and oak leaves

Gyna lurida - same as above

Therea olegrandjeani - above but with coconut fiber added and higher percentage of oak leaves.

Therea petiveriana- same as above

B. rothi- cypress mulch

B. fumigata- cypress mulch

A. tesselatta- cypress mulch

D. paulinoi- coconut fiber

And of coarse all the feeders; lobsters, discoids, dubia, latteralis and hissers - cypress mulch on all of these but on the lateralis some potting soil added.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Any special concerns with any of the above mentioned ? ie L. sub, therea, gyna or the d. paulinoi.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Any special concerns with any of the above mentioned ? ie L. sub, therea, gyna or the d. paulinoi.

Not really. Oak leaves or other hardwood leaves dead and dried seem to help the Lucihormetica and Therea. Gyna lurida seem to like loose media thats easily burrowed in. Deropeltis do not burrow at all and like to have little caves to congregate in during the day, then roam everywhere at night, and love oranges it seems.... but that's all I can think of off the top of my head....