Molting question please help

Keith

I have a mature b. giganteus nymph which has climbed up a wood perch and appears to have been ready to molt, as he does not walk if you touch him and you can see the new wings under the shell. Trouble is, he has been in the same place for 2 days, with no obvious injury and is a healthy color and rather plump. He appears to have been breathing heavy, I guess to pump himself up to break the old skin open. It's about 78 F in my room and I gently mist the cage each day, and even put a heat lamp on the side for an hour hoping it will help him, but nothing has changed? Is this normal?

I have a mature b. giganteus nymph which has climbed up a wood perch and appears to have been ready to molt, as he does not walk if you touch him and you can see the new wings under the shell. Trouble is, he has been in the same place for 2 days, with no obvious injury and is a healthy color and rather plump. He appears to have been breathing heavy, I guess to pump himself up to break the old skin open. It's about 78 F in my room and I gently mist the cage each day, and even put a heat lamp on the side for an hour hoping it will help him, but nothing has changed? Is this normal?

No, this is not normal.

Can you get the temps into the 80's? Otherwise mist it and wait.