Cockroach of the "Week" 12/7/09- Gromphadorhina portentosa

Zephyr

This "week's" RotW (chosen by Matt K) is the ever-so-famous Madagascar hissing cockroach.

Matt K's submission will begin the competition. :)

Ok then, here is a pic of my best male Gromphadorhina. I put some white paper behind the glass to help further enhance the detail and color.

Cheers!

Untitled-1Gromphadorina.jpg

Ok then, here is a pic of my best male Gromphadorhina. I put some white paper behind the glass to help further enhance the detail and color.

Cheers!

Nice!

wow that is a great specimen. where did you obtain it?

Thanks. This is a very rare import that came in from a collector in Europe. They are said to live in and around one specific cacti pinned to a bulliten board in a Madagascan classroom and no where else. I think the unofficial name is Gromphadorhina superflattensis.

But seriously, how about seeing some photos of G.portentosa that you guys have? I know there are some good ones out there.....

Thanks. This is a very rare import that came in from a collector in Europe. They are said to live in and around one specific cacti pinned to a bulliten board in a Madagascan classroom and no where else. I think the unofficial name is Gromphadorhina superflattensis.

But seriously, how about seeing some photos of G.portentosa that you guys have? I know there are some good ones out there.....

Mite free giant morph

post-322-1260377019_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

Untitled-1Gromphadorina.jpg

Um... I'm sorry Matt, but I think you sexed this one wrong. No horns means it's a female. :P

• 2 weeks later...