More Roach Shelf Space

I'm just too thrilled to not talk about it and nobody , but you guys, will understand the magnitude of this. Yesterday I finished building 23 linear feet of new shelf space for roaches in my roach room. That's room for 13 more roach bins!!! This doubles my capacity. Words cannot explain my sense of joy and excitement. My co-workers look at me with that same dumb-founded expression and they all said something to the effect of " Really. More roaches, huh? Great. Just what we need. " They don't share my enthusiasm to say the least. So guess how many new bins I bought the other day. No, I only bought 12. I already had 6 extras laying around.

Question: How fast do the majority of our "pet" species breed in comparison to hissers? I remember how long it took for my hissers to go from 3 to 3000 in less than optimal conditions, but I have no frame of reference for all of my new sp. I know it depends on the individual conditions and species. I'm just looking for a general faster or slower kind of thing. In other words, how long until I've got to build more shelves?

I'm just too thrilled to not talk about it and nobody , but you guys, will understand the magnitude of this. Yesterday I finished building 23 linear feet of new shelf space for roaches in my roach room. That's room for 13 more roach bins!!! This doubles my capacity. Words cannot explain my sense of joy and excitement. My co-workers look at me with that same dumb-founded expression and they all said something to the effect of " Really. More roaches, huh? Great. Just what we need. " They don't share my enthusiasm to say the least. So guess how many new bins I bought the other day. No, I only bought 12. I already had 6 extras laying around.

Question: How fast do the majority of our "pet" species breed in comparison to hissers? I remember how long it took for my hissers to go from 3 to 3000 in less than optimal conditions, but I have no frame of reference for all of my new sp. I know it depends on the individual conditions and species. I'm just looking for a general faster or slower kind of thing. In other words, how long until I've got to build more shelves?

Most species breed much faster than hissers. You'll be up to your ears in no time.

I miscalculated. I can actually fit 15 new bins!!!

Also egg layers have a much higher rate of increase then the live bearers.

Not really true. Polyphagids can take up to 16 months to hatch whereas you can have Periplaneta fuliginosa out in a few weeks, and in captivity that sometimes means the adults have died off by the time you have nymphs. Or in the case of Eurycotis decipiens you can easily have a representation of every instar quite rapidly. I really varies with ootheca producing roaches.

Similarly, live-bearing roaches like Phoetalia pallida can very quickly out produce the same number of any hisser species, or even in the same genus Blaberus boliviensis tends to out produce Blaberus giganteus, and then you have Diploptera punctata which may produce about the same rate as Gromphadorhina sp. - so it really varies in live-bearers too.