Blaberus boliviensis

I am trying to get some info on the Blaberus boliviensis. Everybody keeps telling me they are similar to the Dubia but, I was hoping to find somebody that has been breeding them in order to get some personal in site. Such as length of time to adult hood, how many does the female roach produce and in what numbers and so on...

I am trying to get some info on the Blaberus boliviensis. Everybody keeps telling me they are similar to the Dubia but, I was hoping to find somebody that has been breeding them in order to get some personal in site. Such as length of time to adult hood, how many does the female roach produce and in what numbers and so on...

There are two species; Blaberus boliviensis and Blaberus discoidalis.

The most commonly offered (possibly the one suggested to you?) is discoidalis

Boliviensis is pretty new on the scene.

Anyways, they get to about 2.5 inches (BIG females) all the way down to 1.8" (small males.) They take about 5 months to get to adulthood at room temp (72.) Warmer will speed up growth/production but you'll get smaller roaches overall.

The females produce anywhere from 15-40 babies every 1-4 months, depending on temperature and nutrition.

Discoidalis are pretty much the same, only a little less "heavy" and, in my experience, can be more problematic at molting time.