New here! from Ohio!

araceae

My name is Taylor, I am 15 and I am from Ohio.

I love nature and animals. Some insects freak me out unless they are large (kinda weird I know) I am scared of tiny spiders but if I see a Tarantula I will grab it and play with it in a heart beat :P

I just recently got 25 Blaptica dubia roaches.

1 is a sure male and 2 sure females, the rest are nymphs

I am culturing them as pets. I was going to feed them to my fish/frogs, but now that i have handled them and stuff....I would feel soo bad and guilty if I used them as feeders now... im a dork :mellow:

I have a normal Dendrobates leucomelas, and 2 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus' tads and 2 D. tinctorius 'Citronella' tads.

Other pets I have are 2 cats, a medium sized dog (mutt), a halfmoon feather tail Betta splendens, a few common domestic crickets(feed the babies to my frogs), and Fruit flies (not realy pets).

I have a pond outside with Koi and goldfish.

I love plants too. I collect plants in the genus Araceae, I want to be a botanist when I am older.

I am looking for a male and female pair of Madagascar Hissing roaches, I love them! :D

I was invited here by a guy named Orin.

some of my roaches :lol:

post-1125-1267907520_thumb.jpg

post-1125-1267907784_thumb.jpg

post-1125-1267907720_thumb.jpg

my camera is a Nikon coolpix P90

Welcome aboard. Most people start out in the ‘roach hobby by obtaining some sort of feeder and get attached; you are not the only one! Hopefully that, you know some guy named Orin, can hook you up with some hissers.

That’s neat you want to be a botanist and you like bugs though, most of the botanists at my university do not like creepy crawlies even though they recognize that bugs and plants go hand in hand. I’ve decided that within entomology three quarters of the time you are taking bad bugs off good plants and a quarter of the time you are putting good bugs on bad plants.

I suspect that guy Orin is responsible for a lot of people's introduction to the bug hobby. I looked up your plant/name on wikipedia and I know those plants. When I was a kid I called the one in my dentist office "the Crest plant" because the spadix smelled like the toothpaste.

Welcome!

Welcome. Cool frog collection. I guess you'll have to get another species like, Blatta lateralis or Nauphoeta cinerea, to feed to the frogs. When you start liking those, go for some Blaberus discoidalis. The babies are the right size....

Pretty soon you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. Not such a bad thing, by the way.

thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome. Cool frog collection. I guess you'll have to get another species like, Blatta lateralis or Nauphoeta cinerea, to feed to the frogs. When you start liking those, go for some Blaberus discoidalis. The babies are the right size....

Pretty soon you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. Not such a bad thing, by the way.

:P

Blaberus discoidalis looks cool!