Spiders preying on roaches..

Psydeus565

There's a couple of spiders that have taken up residence in my enclosure. They moved into a piece of corkbark I had moved into there about 2 months ago. I had figured everything was alright and that they were not of the size to take on the baby hissers. Last night as I was knocking down the webbing as I do on a daily basis, I found a dead baby! Yes, nature found a way... so I would like to find some way of getting these spiders out without harming the roaches and hopefully as invasively as possible. I already rooted around in there today hoping to manually squash the issue, but they're quite good at hiding in the nooks. Any creative ideas are most welcome, elsewise I think I may put the corkbark in a tub and try washing it out... babies and all. If it were just one spider I would have no issue, but there are two and there's possibility of there being more in the future. Thanks!

I find plenty of harmless spiders in/around my roach enclosures; generally they just catch any pesky flies that are roaming so I don't really worry about them. If the spiders are about the size of a baby hisser you should probably consider manually removing them; otherwise smaller ones may not be that much of a problem.

You mean like this one? Its not a problem, but I do have several free-roaming to take care of any 'loose' bugs... (Phippidus audax on the door frame, with a freshly napped roach from a bin I left the top off of - just dove in, took it, and jumped out.)

Helpitself.jpg