Ivories are Awesome!

GreenOasis

Okay, so I don't know if it's just that I got a really GOOD start of Ivories or what (thanks, Zephyr!), but these guys are SO cool! It took me a little while to get around to putting their dried leaves in their box, but I did that last night and BOY, did they go CRAZY! The nymphs were ALL OVER the place, checking things out...nibbling on leaves...it was funny! When I was mixing the leaves in, I noticed that there were a LOT of little babies. Now, I'm pretty sure Zephyr didn't send me a bunch of babies, so...I can see why he says that they seem to be a better breeder than some of the species that are considered more of a "feeder" (dubias, etc).

Anywho, I just thought I would share that little tidbit of information....just in case anyone out there keeps their Ivories in a bare bin. THEY LOVE LEAVES & SUBSTRATE! :P

-Carey Kurtz-

Gotta love them. I keep mine on about 2.5" of mixed coconut coir, oak leaves, a little bit of sphagnum moss, and cypress mulch; They go crazy. :D

My Eublaberus distanti are the same... E. posticus don't seem to need the substrate like the other two do but I'd assume they'd reproduce even faster on it. Same with E. sp. "Pantanal."