Hello, from South Florida

likebugs

Hello, forum members. :D

I recently came across this forum when I was searching info on what roaches I can find and keep locally. I currently am interested in the Surinam roaches that I find near my home. I have kept temporary cultures of them for feeding purposes, and also some accidental cultures in my daughter's community invert container that houses a variety of locally found inverts.

I am looking forward to learning more about the care of these roaches, and to learning more about roaches in general. I am starting to like these creatures even more, as I learn more about them.

Hello, forum members. :D

I recently came across this forum when I was searching info on what roaches I can find and keep locally. I currently am interested in the Surinam roaches that I find near my home. I have kept temporary cultures of them for feeding purposes, and also some accidental cultures in my daughter's community invert container that houses a variety of locally found inverts.

I am looking forward to learning more about the care of these roaches, and to learning more about roaches in general. I am starting to like these creatures even more, as I learn more about them.

You and your daughter are off to a great start! And being in south Florida you've got access to plenty of native inverts (Romalea microptera, jealous!!). Keep an eye out for Green Banana Cockroaches, Panchlora nivea.

You and your daughter are off to a great start! And being in south Florida you've got access to plenty of native inverts (Romalea microptera, jealous!!). Keep an eye out for Green Banana Cockroaches, Panchlora nivea.

:lol: Growing up here, I am familiar with both species. Those lubbers are pretty cool, I haven't seen them in a couple of years, but a couple of times I have witnessed swarms of the black and red nymphs. When they hatch they can be numerous.