great display species?

Im looking to have a small 5 gal size display tank. what would make a great display species, something that will be out and about and not dug under substrate all the time? it would be a naturalistic setup, purely for display not looking to have hundreds of roaches, just a handful of great looking roaches. preferably something that gets to be a larger size. I was thinking black tiger hissers, dont know much about them though.

really im looking for a display roach that non roach people will see and say "woah... thats badass!"

please any opinions are appreciated

Hissers are always nice, and the dwarf Elliptorhina species might suit you well due to their smaller size and awesome coloration. Blaberus craniifer is always fun too, and Panchlora nivea or a colorful Gyna sp. would be pretty if you can prevent escapes.

Hissers are always nice, and the dwarf Elliptorhina species might suit you well due to their smaller size and awesome coloration. Blaberus craniifer is always fun too, and Panchlora nivea or a colorful Gyna sp. would be pretty if you can prevent escapes.

wow! good ideas!

Yes, good idea!

I just got some A. tesselata, but they hide all the time, i agree they are very impressive i like them alot. for my display i was looking for something more active. the last day or so i have been looking at the Elliptorhina javanica halloween hissers. anyone know much about em?

thanks for all the replies.

I just got some A. tesselata, but they hide all the time, i agree they are very impressive i like them alot. for my display i was looking for something more active. the last day or so i have been looking at the Elliptorhina javanica halloween hissers. anyone know much about em?

thanks for all the replies.

I like them, but only have 4 <_<;) I don't know, I'm hoping someone else will help you...