P. pallida

I am not exactly new to roaches I have kept several species over the last 8 years or so, but I was not prepared for these guys. I just received a starter culture of P. pallida and was getting ready to move them into a 16 oz. deli cup. I had a big plastic bowl and was going to transfer them from the deli cup they were in into the 16 oz. cup. In the past I have done this with lobsters, I shake them from the paper towel into the bowl and jiggle it like your popping jiffy pop over a fire. Well, these guys hang on pretty well and are pretty quick. It didnt work very well and they were crawling out of the bowl faster than I could get them into the 16 oz. deli cup. I yelled to my wife for help, she grabbed the lid to the bowl and tried to scoop them up which was not working LOL. I told her to grab them and she said "dont make me touch these things" LOL. She tolerates my inverts but doesn't really like them. Well eventually I got them all into the deli cup, but it was work, the P. femapterus were no problem at all. I will know better next time. Just thought I would share.

Wow your lucky. My wife won't even enter my insect room lol. Almost lost my H.mindex the other day, was rehoming my t and it jumped for my throat lol. Instead of being scared I just froze,the spider ran across my neck down back and jumped on floor. Thankfully uninjured! Quickly scooped the t with my handy coleptera net which has a double inside net to prevent escapes(highly recommended from bioquip). Boy was I lucky my wife would have beat me with a frying pan. Thanks for your story!

Wow your lucky. My wife won't even enter my insect room lol. Almost lost my H.mindex the other day, was rehoming my t and it jumped for my throat lol. Instead of being scared I just froze,the spider ran across my neck down back and jumped on floor. Thankfully uninjured! Quickly scooped the t with my handy coleptera net which has a double inside net to prevent escapes(highly recommended from bioquip). Boy was I lucky my wife would have beat me with a frying pan. Thanks for your story!

I had a male P. irminia escape on me while breeding about five years ago. It was loose in the laundry room for at least 24 hours, no clothes were washed that day. I found it the next night climbing on the window shade.

• 2 weeks later...