orange heads vs. orange spots

Posted by Derek Moynihan on 9/26/2004, 11:00 am

I bet this is probably the best place to ask this question. I am breeding discoids and hissers to feed my ever growing lizard collection. I am looking into adding another species of feeder roach (non-climbing). Does anybody have any recommendations. I heard that both orange heads and orange spotted roaches are good candidates, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Hachita4849@juno.com

Posted by Just Bugs on 9/26/2004, 7:51 pm, in reply to "orange heads vs. orange spots"

Any of the blaberus, eublaberus species would be acceptable.

Personally, we have found the craniifers (Death's Head) species to one of the fastest producers and one of our all time favorites. They seem less prone to wing biting and definetly easier to care for.

Hope this helps

Link: Just Bugs website

http://www.justbugs.com

Posted by Just Bugs on 10/4/2004, 1:11 pm, in reply to "Re: orange heads vs. orange spots"

We have had great luck with all the (eu)blaberus species we raise; dubias, discoids, craniifers, giganteus, distanti and the prosticus. The craniifers have just produced the best for us. Though others say they have better luck with some of the other species. You'll find that all are easy to rear, and all being non climbing a preferred trait.

Hope this helps.