Brown Banded (Warning!!)

Wolverine

Haha good to know. I'll need to keep mine in a fully sealed container with a feeding port lol. Seriously though it's good to hear warnings about their care, I don't think any of us, no matter how much we like our controlled infestations, want an uncontrolled one in our house, lol. :)

I haven't seen the males fly but I'm sure they can; leggy littles guys aren't they? lol

To avoid the crossing-the-Vaseline barrier problem, I use hexagonal candy containers and I put the Vaseline on the top of the inner rim. Most roaches don't have strong enough attractive forces on their tarsi to walk upside down anyways, and the Vaseline keeps them from crossing with 100% effectiveness.

I haven't seen the males fly but I'm sure they can; leggy littles guys aren't they? lol

To avoid the crossing-the-Vaseline barrier problem, I use hexagonal candy containers and I put the Vaseline on the top of the inner rim. Most roaches don't have strong enough attractive forces on their tarsi to walk upside down anyways, and the Vaseline keeps them from crossing with 100% effectiveness.

Haha yeah no infestations!! Well maybe a therea or Lucihormetica hehe. Like this hex tank idea. Although the way those nymphs are able to walk across vaseline is very impressive. They like stuffy areas and starch. My container is very secure not terribly worried with glue traps as a back up. They seem to prefer the undersides of the egg crates, until the population started booming they hadn't attempted climbing to my knowledge. Once a male flew out as quick as an Usumbara he was quickly dispatched not taking any chances. One of my favorites.