New roaches smaller than old ones

I have a newish dubia colony. A few adults, lots of subadults. They're big. Today, I just got some new ones from someone else, and these are smaller. They're adults, just smallish ones.

I got new to add genetic diversity to strengthen my colony. But these ones seem weaker.

Are these smaller roaches this way genetically, or can it be from less nutrition, overcrowding?

less nutrition, overcrowding?

Precisely. What's their current diet like? And upgrading to a bigger enclosure may also help.

I don't have a clue what they were eating, I got them off ebay. I have mine on a grain free dog food (because that's what my dogs eat), oats, chicken feed, carrots, and then whatever fruits and veggies I have on hand.

Ok, nevermind, I got the new ones home and compared, it seems they are the same size after all. The females are about 1/2 cm shorter, but not as much as it seemed when I first got them.

That's good then! Wait... roaches off ebay? :o

Yup, ebay. I've gotten lobster roaches and superworms there too. The lobsters didn't work out, too fast and skittery, and my gecko wouldn't eat them. I fed them off real quick to my sisters beardie. I love the dubias :).