First generation blues

I've noticed that with some species of roach, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to get babies from your first set of adults. However, after the babies from this birthing(s) mature, the species will breed more easily or even faster. Has anyone else noticed this?

So far this has happened observably with my E. chopardi but I have a feeling my G. capucina and D. orini are pulling something similar.

i've noticed this with my G grandidieri i have plenty of adults but no nymphs and i've had them longer then my G. Portentosa who are pumping out babies. the one roach that i've had the easiest time breading right after i got them (other then lobster) are actually my fuscas almost eminently after thay molted to adults i began to see babies running around.

The E. chopardi that I bought from you (Kyle)just dropped a clutch of nymphs. The E. javanica that I have gotten from you and from one other source have aborted ootheca but no nymphs yet. Still waiting on other species of mine to drop nymphs as well. Some just take longer than others I guess.

I've had my G. Potentosa for almost 8 months, and I have no nymphs yet :( I've been keeping a closer watch on humidity and giving them more of a variety of foods and it seems like every female is gravid...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I wonder if adding a few of the E. Javanica nymphs I just got to their enclosure would encourage the females a bit...