Possible Dubia Hybrid??

I saw this other male in with my Dubias and am a touch confused....It has the pattern like a Black Winged deaths head...But its not...I don't think?

Anyways...Here are some pix of it...

LMK what y'all think

Nate

Here he is...By himself

2011-10-16_16-23-07_297.jpg

Here he is next to a regular Dubia male..

2011-10-16_16-24-05_704.jpg

Yep, mine have somewhat varied coloration as well. I'm curious about the wing-biting in your males, do you keep them somewhat dry? I had the same issue until I started regular (1-2x weekly) misting in my tank. Or are those two just a bit old?

Not sure...I keep the tub at about 80% humidity...But figure its dry as all get up here at 9500'...So who knows! The top male is older though...Not sure by how much, but even my discoids bite eachothers wings which I still can't figure out why...

Nate

Not sure...I keep the tub at about 80% humidity...But figure its dry as all get up here at 9500'...So who knows! The top male is older though...Not sure by how much, but even my discoids bite eachothers wings which I still can't figure out why...

Nate

That's somewhat unusual. My oldest ones get a little rough but most have pristine wings. Do you feed protien, like dogfood, at all? It could be related to that but like with my orangeheads (who are notorious wing biters) I have little issue with wing biting because I keep them in damp Cocofiber and mist 1-2x weeky.

The food im feeding is High Protein cricket food from Flukers...it has 20% protein in it...Mine are kept on the larger coco husk stuff that stays well misted and humid. I know they have enough heat because they are sitting on top of my bearded dragons cage just above the day basking bulb...

I offer them dog food every once in a while, but stick with fresh veggies and this crushed food stuff from Flukers.

Nate