The Proper Name For Roach Rearing

I LOVE this thread!! smile.gif blatticulturist it is for me also!! I just chalk it up to us bug people being weird! lol.. the rest of the world is "normal" .... And I am darn proud of being a bug person! laugh.gif

So am I Cindy. I rescue German Roaches and keep them in a tank and it makes me feel good that I'm protecting those everyone else wants to kill dead. We shouldn't be ashamed of being different, especially when it concerns life. If people are really your friends, then they should except you no matter what you do.

I'm pretty much known as the crazy roach lady at this point. Whenever someone introduces me it always goes something like, "Katie, this is so and so, so and so, this is Katie, SHE BREEDS COCKROACHES!"

I've had several related titles given: Roach; Roach Man; Cockroach; Cockroach Man; etc. And I enjoy being associated with them since I love them so much. As I mentioned to Cindy above, we shouldn't be ashamed of telling people what we do, especially since it concerns protecting helpless life. Real friends and loved ones should accept you the way you are.