NavyDT Reporting as Ordered!

NavyDT

Hello all,

My name is Bryan F. (NavyDT) i am 27 years old and have just recently gotten into cockroaches. ive always been fascinated with bugs as i was in 4H Entomology as a kid. i actually had a 3 year running grand champion beetle collection at the Oregon state fair :D anyways around 2 months ago i took a trip home to oregon and collected 3 different spieces of Eleodes spp. and have been attemping to breed them, i also collected 3 species of isopods and started colony's with those. while i was looking for information on their care on the youtube i happened to watch a video of a G. portentosa giving live birth. i dont know why it took me 27 years but that !@@$ blew my !@@$!#~ mind. i was hooked. i went to a local pet store and purchased what i thought were G. oblongata. well 3 days later i realized i had gotten 3 male g. portentosa ( noobie mistake ) well i go online and ended up ordering some giant canyon isopods and P. nivea from peter at bugsincyberspace.com and also 10 G. oblongata from Greg's exotic inverts. i cant tell you how happy i am to have them! anyways, sorry to ramble.

1. Do you currently raise any roaches? i have 10 G. oblongata, 2 G. Portentosa and 20 P. nivea nymphs

2. If so, how many? err, see above

3. Do you culture roaches as pets or feeders? pets right now, possibly fishing bait later :D

4. If feeders, what kinds? none yet.

5. Are there any specific roach questions that you would like to ask the community? are there any active diurnal cockroaches that don't have the... err.. american/german cockroach look?

6. How did you find our community? google!

photobucket-2497-1343249326399.jpg

• 2 weeks later...