death head cockroaches

so eh am keeping mine on cocofiber ,peat moss, leaves i've cooked in the oven at 400 for 30 mintures and logs i've drill out holes for roach nymphs to crawl up in 4 things of wood i got from pet smart.right nw i have between 10 to 14.i've had them for almost week feeding them water gel and misting the moss as needed given them fruits veggies and dof foor.keeping them heated to about 80..eh is there anything am doing rwrong or should be doing for these.when comes to care i dont like missing anything.i want all these babys to reach adult hood.hopefully breeding

they are all babys right now.i might have to work on the platform thing.once they start to reach adlut hood i might put um in a 10 gallon and maybe use a two large pieces of drift wood.if that what you mean by platform?if kepted pretty much any hisser species and most of the feeders like dubias and lobsters. even had a pet german roach or 2..that didnt go to well..i've always thought these were pretty cool.would i need to try to keep a 1 males to 5 female thing going.like with hissers and other roaches?they are to young to tell what they are. iorder like 10 but was lucky enough to get a few extex ones.my biggest one is maybe almost a inch maybe

they are all babys right now.i might have to work on the platform thing.once they start to reach adlut hood i might put um in a 10 gallon and maybe use a two large pieces of drift wood.if that what you mean by platform?if kepted pretty much any hisser species and most of the feeders like dubias and lobsters. even had a pet german roach or 2..that didnt go to well..i've always thought these were pretty cool.would i need to try to keep a 1 males to 5 female thing going.like with hissers and other roaches?they are to young to tell what they are. iorder like 10 but was lucky enough to get a few extex ones.my biggest one is maybe almost a inch maybe

Yes, on the winging platform. Yes, a 1 to 5 or 2 to 5 ratio should be fine.

large pice of driftwood or something like that nice to have for the adult to get on top on.helps keep there wings stay all sexy.sometimes some species may also jump of it and spread there wings.its good to use things like wood for babys to hide i and adult to hide under.try to wege it up and lean on your tank or whatever u are useing

To sex them, you will have to look at the last segment ventrally.

If you put the roaches in a glass or clear plastic dish, you might not have to grab and restrain them.

Blaberus craniifer don't like even being looked at, much less restrained. Mine usually will hide as soon as I enter the room or even before then if they sense me coming.

The last segment of the female will be wide and large. The male's last segment is small. Hard to explain, but I will try to find a link to some photos.

http://www.roachforu...=1070&hl=sexing Second post has a photo of what I was trying to explain.

I just have egg crates with my death heads but....if their Pcrystals get dry..... = no humidity holy hell do they drop like flys lol! They reproduce really well for me....clear tub...no substrate just some egg crates

OK. Mine breed like crazy but I always keep their 3 inch deep substrate moist. I was thinking about letting it dry out as I did with my giant cave roaches. I guess they are not as drought tolerant as my giant cave roaches. Thanks for letting me know.

I thought I had removed all of giant cave roaches from an old tub. I put it on the side of my house all winter and it dried out. I dug through the leaf litter substrate and there are tons of baby giant cave roaches still alive. Man are they hardy.