Share your dreams of reptiles/insects/arachnids

Ace

Its safe to assume that every dedicated Blatticulturist (yeah, I said it) or general creature-enthusiast has dreams of their roaches or other pets on a regular basis.

I can say personally that I dream probably most nights of a run-in or obscure visual story regarding the nature world.

So, at long last, we should have a thread to share the nonsense of our brains at rest.

Remember, nothing in the dream landscape is too bizarre. Share it all openly, judgment is banned.

• 2 months later...

I have probably awoken during a thousand dreams over the years where I had been finding (and of course gettings samples of) rather amazing insects either in interesting places or interesting insects where they are not. Though far less common despite my bent towards captive husbandry and away from collection, I have also had a few dreams about being able to successfully culture very difficult or impossible to find inverts.

• 2 months later...

One dream I have often is where I happen upon some kind of pet store. Of course this is dream world, so the pet store is almost always distopian/apocalyptic future style. Anyway I get in there, and there's all kinds of creatures I would be interested in. Some I recognize, others are varying degrees of fantastical. The fantastical part shocks my brain enough for me to figure out it's a dream, so I always just start running around grabbing all the creatures I can fit in my pockets, and such. It kind of varies how much I realize I'm in a dream, and how the scenario plays out. Like sometimes The pet store is abandoned, and other times there's the threat of somebody catching me, or interfering, and a few times I've even tried to pay. It's really hard to pull anything useful out of your pockets when you're dreaming though. I think one time I pulled out money that had future president Hank Johnson's face on it. I don't really know why I try to grab up all the creatures when I know it's a pointless dream. Still in dream logic mode even when I know full well it's a dream I guess.

When moving/cleaning out stuff in the shop building I end up having several close calls with recluses. The result is that I've had a few dreams that one got carried into bed with me. Similar to that was a few dreams that tiny litle darkling beetles had found their way into my bed. These dreams happened after I had been watering the front flower bed and ended up with dozens of them crawling up my pantlegs and into my clothes...

I have accidentally brought a little centipede (some sort of lithobiomorpha) in on my clothes and transfered it to my bed before. I was half asleep and felt it scuttle across my face.

So is the little centipede why you keep dreaming about other stuff hitching a ride?

Maybe only so much in that I know it can happen? When I have had such dreams sometimes I wake up and check the bed to make sure I haven't squished anything. They haven't happened in a long time. It could have been a weird side effect of B12 deficiency neuropathy (causes crawly feelings in legs). lol

I think most people would be searching their bed out of fear, not concern.lol

Didn't know a b12 deficiency could make ones legs feel all crawly. I'll have to remember that.

I had a dream a week, or two ago. Kind of inspired me to join the forum. In the dream I somehow encountered a large container. Possibly a cardboard box, or plastic storage container. It was kind of a tall container though. Like four feet tall, and two foot wide. I opened it up, and tons of big, brightly colored Eublaberus prosticus started running up the sides at me. I was all like whoah awesome, and let one crawl on my hand as the rest went running everywhere I guess. I woke up with my roach fascination renewed.

Didn't know a b12 deficiency could make ones legs feel all crawly. I'll have to remember that.

Hopefully you'll never find out. ;)

And it must have been a cardboard box. Adult orange heads couldn't run up plastic, even with some texturing. :P They're so clumsy and fat (well mine are now all really fat). Do you have or intend to get the the species?

• 3 weeks later...

I had this dream that I was in a park with lots of trees, but the trees were kinda shrubby. Any way, when I looked under the trees there were iridesent ground beetles of every color, purple, green, and deep blue. It was a nice dream.