What species of Hisser is this very colorful

Keith

Keith - I think it's only for their penultimate and/or final molt. I've never seen the smaller ones yellow before, only the big ones.

And yes, it's only when they're hardening. :) Usually they molt in the middle of the night after the lights go off, and by morning if you're lucky they have just a twinge of the yellow left on the edges that showed they had molted. I have a decent sized colony and I've caught maybe a dozen or so when they were still fully yellow.

Keith - I think it's only for their penultimate and/or final molt. I've never seen the smaller ones yellow before, only the big ones.

And yes, it's only when they're hardening. :) Usually they molt in the middle of the night after the lights go off, and by morning if you're lucky they have just a twinge of the yellow left on the edges that showed they had molted. I have a decent sized colony and I've caught maybe a dozen or so when they were still fully yellow.

I've seen the post and final molt, I actually witnessed it and set up a portable camera to show hours after, never was yellow ever.