Missing legs and antennas

Some "brown" classic hissers I have don´t have the last section of their legs.

The last section is the one that allows them to climb.

Is this a genetic defect on the "brown" classic hissers ?

Some hissers have theirs antennas cutted.

His there a feeding problem ?

I give them cat food...is it a calcium problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Awe. It must be rough and there probably in pain. I had a Madagascan that had a short antennae. Did they make out o.k.?

they can feel something is happening, but keep in mind the structure of their nervous system... no real brain, just a ganglion chain. There are no nerves in the legs and so on, nothing is centralised like it's the case for chordata, they can get information and every ganglion can react independently, but they're really different of us ;)

You're obviously more experinenced in insect science than me. I'm not scientist. It's just hard to believe they don't have feelings when my landlord bombed and I'd see them on their backs all wiggling. Also trying in vain to pull themselves out of traps, antennae wiggling rapidly in both cases.

You're obviously more experinenced in insect science than me. I'm not scientist. It's just hard to believe they don't have feelings when my landlord bombed and I'd see them on their backs all wiggling. Also trying in vain to pull themselves out of traps, antennae wiggling rapidly in both cases.

They don´t feel pain.

For exemple a red fish only has a 3 seconds memory, so we can´t say that they feel like us.

When they wigle the antennae is more an emotional reaction (fear) than pain.

About wiggling on their backs I don´t know why they do that, they are feeling something but not pain.

Insects don´t have nociceptors, altough some of them have.

O.K. thanks for the information. I wasn't trying to contradict you that last time. I posted those observations about the antennae in hope I can encourage roach-hating people who visit the page to be more sensitive with them.