Roches that don't hide

I asked this question in my introduction post, but I figure it'll get more views here.

I'd like to keep 2-3 species together in a 12x12x12 Exo Terra cage. I already have Madagascar Hissers.

I'm looking into species that

1) Can either fly or climb so that they can get away in case of aggression.

2) Are non-hissers, so that I don't get inbreeding.

3) I'd like to see some babies from each species, but I don't need them to breed often (don't need feeders), I'd just like to see it.

4) Don't hide. Obviously my Madagascars hide sometimes, but usually they're on top of logs, or in cardboard tubes, so I can see them. I guess what I really mean is I don't want them to bury themselves so I can never see them. I want to be able to observe them.

These are the species I'm deciding between:

1) Orin's (Dorylaea orini)

2) Death's Head (Blaberus craniifer)

3) Orange Head (Eublaberus posticus)

4) Glowspot (Lucihormetica (Hormetica) subcincta)

I only plan to have 4-6 of each to start out with, or 18 total.

You can try Aelurodopoda Insignis.

They are hissers but they rarely hiss. They won´t inbreed with Portentosa since they are from a different Genus.

I have them and they rarely hide.

If you want to see all of your roaches you can try to put a box inside your vivarium with several vertical walls inside (to make several sections).

That box won´t have one side so the interior can be exposed to you.

The vivarium must be placed in the room in a way that the walls will creat shadows.

The walls inside the box can be made of egg crates with spacers so you might see between them without problem.

The Aelurodopoda Insignis are interesting, but I'd rather Dorylaea orini, Blaberus craniifer, Eublaberus posticus, or Lucihormetica (Hormetica) subcincta. I like your idea about the vertical walls inside the vivarium. I've been trying to research each, but there just isn't much information about whether they bury themselves and hide in the substrate or not. Can anyone tell me their experience with those species? I'd really like to know about the Orin's and Orange Head.

I like your idea about the vertical walls inside the vivarium. I've been trying to research each, but there just isn't much information about whether they bury themselves and hide in the substrate or not.

They don´t bury themselves, they stay in the shadows with no problem, this is my vivarium.

You can make vertical walls with egg crates, separated by spacers (or a set of eggcrates perfurated with a metalic tube on each corner) so by spacing them you can see what happens.

I have Javanica, Insignis and Portentosa and altough they are hidding species they don´t hide with this set up, they just stay on shadows.

8728661857_3a44b353f3_h.jpg

8729780342_63effe4fc6_h.jpg

Blaberus, Archimandrita, and Parcoblatta adults are all quite active and visible, but the nymphs can be notorious invisible pets.

Lucihormetica love being buried... It's a shame.

From studies I've read on wild Eublaberus, they are a lot like Blaberus in that the adults spend most of their time aboveground (on cave walls in nature) whereas the nymphs are burrowers.

Razias,

Wow! Those plastic containers look really good! Are they escape-proof? How do the roaches get air? Where do you get them?

Mouse,

Blaberus Discoidus is one species that cannot climb glass. As for ones that don't hide, I can't help there. However, whatever kind you have, you should be able to watch some of them some of the time.

Razias,

Wow! Those plastic containers look really good! Are they escape-proof? How do the roaches get air? Where do you get them?

Mouse,

Blaberus Discoidus is one species that cannot climb glass. As for ones that don't hide, I can't help there. However, whatever kind you have, you should be able to watch some of them some of the time.

They are 80L plastic containers. I live in France and I got them from a big store that sells everything for construction for DIY (like tools, plywood, etc...), it´s named Mr. Bricolage.

I think Bricolage is the french term for DIY.

They aren´t escape proof for nymphs...I am working on that. I am going to try to use Teflon tape to see how it works.

They have 6 vertical holes between the edge that goes from one blue holder to another.

I think I've decided on Death's Head. I saw some Zebras at the zoo yesterday. They're very small compared to my Madagascars. The Orange Spot, Glowspot, and Orin's are just as small, so I'm going to go with Death's Head.

They are 80L plastic containers. I live in France and I got them from a big store that sells everything for construction for DIY (like tools, plywood, etc...), it´s named Mr. Bricolage.

I think Bricolage is the french term for DIY.

They aren´t escape proof for nymphs...I am working on that. I am going to try to use Teflon tape to see how it works.

They have 6 vertical holes between the edge that goes from one blue holder to another.

Could you sell me a one?

Could you sell me a one?

I would have to send it from France. They cost 25 euros each.

I would need to put it inside a carton box (otherwise the transport mail would not transport it...).

The cartoon boxes would need to be made of 3 glued cartoon boxes because there isn´t one with that size.

(it´s 21 gallons of size)........This is the "impossible part" for me!

Plus there is the shipping cost.

I think that if you search on internet for 20 gallons palstic boxes you might find them in USA.

Check this site:

http://schweppeinc.com/products/129095?link=/products/suppliers/&id=2722