What kind of hisser?

Wolfie

I hope this is on the right board.

I got these guys a couple of months ago under the name 'Madagascar Hissing Cockroach' which, I assumed, meant I was getting G. portentosa, but I've been looking at other people's hissers and I'm not sure, they look a different colour to the other G. portentosa I see, which are more yellowish-orange and black, whereas these are more reddish-brown and black, and really, rather beautiful creatures.

Are they a different colour morph? A different species? Some kind of hybrid?

Anyway, I took a photo to help, male is at the bottom, female at the top.

db90a83c-fc8a-45a2-858f-39805c8623d1_zps2c772621.jpg

Thank you for your help guys, I understand it's impossible to be certain. Whatever they are, they are gorgeous, I'm hoping if they breed the nymphs end up the same reddish colour, it's quite spectacular.

It's hard to say for certain, but looking at my male's pronotum, the front edge, where you can see there's a kind of up-turn where the head is, the curve of that seems narrower and more pronounced in my male than that of G. portentosa in the images, with a lot more of those dimple-like bumps, and it just generally looks more 'streamlined' in shape. So if I was pressured into going for any of them, I'd say G. oblongata is the one he resembles the most.