Symploce pallens

• 2 years later...

I'm not answering the question... I don't have the answer... but I found some info on them that I wanted to share on this discussion board, so I am hijacking this thread...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20429461

J Econ Entomol. 2010 Apr;103(2):443-7.

Biology of Symploce pallens (Dictyoptera: Blattellidae).

Bujang NS1, Lee CY.

Author information

Abstract

Here, we describe the biology of a relatively new pest cockroach species in Southeast Asia, Symploce pallens (Stephens) (Dictyoptera: Blattellidae). S. pallens collected from Penang Island, Malaysia, were used for the biological parameter studies and were observed for molting and reproduction events. Nymphal development took 118.2 +/- 1.7 d, with a mean of 9.5 +/- 0.1 molts. The oothecal incubation period was 36.1 +/- 0.2 d. Females produced a mean of 16.0 +/- 10.2 oothecae, with mean 17.6 +/- 0.1 nymphs per ootheca. Nymphal survivorship per ootheca was 90.4%, and 90.7% of nymphs achieved adulthood. The sex ratio did not deviate from 1:1. The mean longevity of adult males and females was 309.3 +/- 7.6 and 322.6 +/- 14.8 d, respectively. In general, S. pallens exhibited higher oothecal production and longer nymphal development and longevity compared with the German cockroach, Blattella germanica (L.).