So you know all about Panchlora nivea?

For me there is just something special about the green banana roach. Probably the color.lol

Thus far I have only cared for one individual P. nivea. I caught it as a nymph and did not realize it was a banana roach until it was an adult. However it did eventually escape from me. Since it is my favorite roach I would like to buy some, and breed them. I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. So to all the roach experts out there, I would like your step by step process. What exactly would you do, or have you done? What would you build, buy, or have on hand to create the optimum feeder Panchlora nivea colony?

Okay here I go.

1. I am amazed you found P. nivea they are not easy to find in number.

If you want a massive colony go to the container store and buy the largest air tight container there is. put 4 inch of substrate "coco coir, and leaflitter sphagnum moss. and heat the cage really well either from the inside if the room is cold or no heat if the room is hot from the outside. good high temps and constant food and water result in high growth.

I'm thinking a tall clear plastic storage bin for the enclosure. The kind some people use to store dog food. I figure a taller container will help prevent escapes, and give the adults room to climb, and fly around.

Okay here I go.

1. I am amazed you found P. nivea they are not easy to find in number.

If you want a massive colony go to the container store and buy the largest air tight container there is. put 4 inch of substrate "coco coir, and leaflitter sphagnum moss. and heat the cage really well either from the inside if the room is cold or no heat if the room is hot from the outside. good high temps and constant food and water result in high growth.

Yes! Except for the "air tight" part... ; )

Yeah I already know they need lots of good substrate, moisture, and air. Thanks for the advice though guys. Just trying to figure out the perfect method to get maximum productivity from P. Nivea. Seems like the main thing is heat, moisture, substrate, and space.